July 20th, 2019
Mission Saturday is an opportunity for people of all ages and in all walks of life to come together and serve the community through acts of service. God calls us in the Bible to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and to serve one another and shine the light of God’s love to those around us. The third Saturday of each month, we gather as a church family to disperse around the city and serve those in need. From building with our hands, making cards and crafts for the hurting, serving and cleaning, and everything in between, our aim is to meet the needs of our community.
MISSION SATURDAY FAQ
Q – Who is Mission Saturday for?
A – Mission Saturday is for anyone and everyone! From small children to those in their more advanced years, we have an activity specifically geared to you. Click HERE for the upcoming opportunities at our next Mission Saturday.
Q – Where and when will Mission Saturday take place?
A – Mission Saturday is hosted at each campus, and takes place on one Saturday morning each month. Locations and times vary by campus, so please click HERE to find out details for our next Mission Saturday at your nearest campus.
Q – Will all campuses be participating in Mission Saturday?
A – Yes! Each campus will be participating in Mission Saturday, so please refer to your specific campus or click HERE for more details.
Q – Should I bring anything to Mission Saturday?
A – You do not need to bring anything with you to Mission Saturday. Wear comfortable clothes, show up, and we will provide anything and everything you may need to participate in Mission Saturday activities!
- Kristi House – Provides specialized mental health services for victims of sexual abuse in Miami-Dade County
- Miami Rescue Mission – Faith based organization providing rehabilitative and restorative residential programs to the homeless in downtown Miami
- Children’s Home Society – An agency providing comprehensive services such as foster care, adoption, parent education and much more to create healthy children and strong families.
- Ronald McDonald House Ft. Lauderdale – His House is a faith based organization that cares for children in state custody in a cozy home-like setting to restores the lives of children and families.
- LifeNet4Families – LifeNet4Families works to help families and clients regain or maintain stability by providing food, on site showers, and other basic necessities.
- SOS Children’s Villages – SOS Children’s Villages – Florida is a foster care neighborhood in Coconut Creek whose main priority is keeping sibling groups together.
- Susan B. Anthony Center – A rehabilitation treatment center that welcomes moms with their children, expectant mothers, and those who are attempting to reunify with their children.
- Broward Outreach – Broward location of Miami Rescue Missions – Faith based organization providing rehabilitative and restorative residential programs to the homeless in Hollywood.
- Ronald McDonald House Miami – Miami location – A home environment providing support and resources that help keep families close.
- Heart for the Home – Serving our Potential Church Cooper City campus.
- Our Father’s House Soup Kitchen – Serves the homeless and the needy in a faith based environment by providing hot lunches during the week and emergency food pantry and clothing items.
- Lil Helping Hands – On campus homeless missions initiative – creative arts and craft project to give to homeless.
- Children’s Harbor – Provides nurturing family group homes for sibling and pregnant/parenting teens in the foster care system.
- Potential Church Food Pantry – Cooper City campus pantry providing food for those in need.
- Schott’s Communities – Schott’s Communities provides life-enriching programs, services and residencies to meet the multiple needs of persons who are deaf or disabled.
- 4Kids of South Florida – A foster home agency which is committed to providing a home for every child through partnerships of individuals, churches, and government agencies.
- Miami Homeless Outreach – Making and providing lunch for the homeless.
- Super School – Assist students with varying disabilities in reaching their utmost potential in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Potential Church’s Missions team passionately strives to impact the communities where our campuses are located by identifying the needs of our local partners through Missions Groups and Missions trips.
I John 3:18 – My Children, let us not love with words or in talk only. Let us love what we do and in truth.
What is a Potential Church Missions Trip
A Potential Church Missions trip is on average a week-long team trip with the focus of taking the Gospel and the love of Jesus to mission fields around the world led by a director/ pastor or a leader approved by Potential Church. These teams evangelize to the lost, assist missionaries and national churches or ministries, work with children, help the poor and needy, and help disciple new believers in their walk with Christ.
Purposes of Short-Term Missions Trips
1.) To share the love and Gospel of Jesus with people around the world and lead them into a personal relationship with Him.
2.) To mobilize members of the Potential family and provide experiences that will help them reach their God potential in the area of missions
3.) To encourage, equip, and assist the international church, missions organizations, and missionaries who are on the field
4.) To build long-term relationships and partnerships on the field and assist in their ongoing strategies of reaching the lost, discipling new believers, and helping our brothers and sisters in ChristGet More Info
Be A Partner
Potential Church Missions believes in partnering with local organizations that are already doing a good work in our communities. We believe that together, God will use it to do something Great. Here are some of the organizations we serve, local and around the world.Become A Partner